Set Up Your Release
Our digital world has led to an increased awareness for privacy – and privacy violations. A release gives the people you meet through your business the opportunity to grant you consent to use their picture and to contact them by email. Having a signed e-waiver will protect you legally and give you peace of mind.
1. Go to Fast Field Forms and create your account. This is free in trial (hurray!) and then will run you less than $30 per month – which is of great value… and is much cheaper than paying to have a legal form created.
2. Build your form. Click the PLUS (+) sign under fields, and click the icons next to the fields you want to include. Keep in mind that you may want additional information for future use (for example, your newsletter).
• A Multi Photo field (make sure that you tick the check box that says Photo Library Enabled during set up. This will allow you to receive releases for photos in your camera roll)
• Text fields for Name, Email Address, or other information you would like to collect
• An Acknowledgement field, that allows users to check off that they have read and understand your release.
• A Signature field.
Tip: Edit the Field Label to indicate what you would like an unfamiliar user to do. For example, “First Name” and “Last Name”.
3. Save and name your form using the green SAVE button.
4. Download the Fast Field Forms app on the mobile device you will be using to take photos.
5. To test or use your form, log in using the username and password you chose. Click Forms, and then click on the form you would like to use. We always recommend you test your form to make sure that instructions are clear.
You will be able to access all of your submitted forms in the app under Submitted, or online under Data > Get Data.
Tip: From the Get Data page, you will be able to export all of your forms in one Excel file, which will simplify the process of building your email marketing list.
If you have questions about developing an effective form, we are, as always, ready to work for you.
Here is a sample media release (please feel free to use it):
I hereby give my consent to [your organization’s name] to photograph, film, videotape and then use, reproduce, and publish said images of me and/or my child/children.
I agree that photographs/negatives, film, or videotapes thereof shall constitute the sole property of [your organization’s name], with full right of disposition in any manner whatsoever, including the right to publish online.
I hereby release [your organization’s name] and his/her legal representatives and assigns from any and all claims whatsoever in connection with the use, reproduction, publication of the images thereof.
Set Up Your Email Marketing
Email marketing allows you to send customized messages to a large list of people who have opted in to receiving your emails. This Borden Snaps formula will help you grow the list of people who are getting your emails, to include those who you have met through the work you do. Email marketing gives you the opportunity to build secondary touchpoints and build a relationship with the people you meet.
1. Go to MailChimp.com and create an account. This is free until you reach 2,000 subscribers (which we hope you will reach soon, because effective email marketing is worth investing in)! Make sure that you have expressed permission (consent) to contact every email address on your list — it’s the law.
2. Upload your current email list into Mail Chimp. Here’s how.
3. Every time you collect emails through Fast Field Forms and Borden Snaps, upload addressed to a new or existing list after the event (or at the end of the day). It’s simple, quick, and those emails can be used for so much good.
Feeling stuck? Reach out to us for assistance with setting up your email marketing lists and campaigns.